Monday, May 2, 2011

On the Runway: High-Fashion for your Morning Coffee

Oh my, where are my manners?  I realized this weekend that I never showed the finished pics of the coffee cozy & mugrug sets I was working on.  ( if you have no idea what I'm talking about, that's ok. Look here & here to find out) So I decided to head down to my favorite coffee shop, pick up a couple cups of my favorite espresso drinks, and have a fashion show for you :)

First up is Caramel Way.  She is comfortably attired in a purple cozy adorned with stars and gold etching. 


{Caramel Way turns to the right} The cozy is fastened with a lovely button with a glimmer of gold amidst swirls of dark chocolate and coffee.


Caramel Way is standing on an approximately 6.5" square platform of randomly pieced strips of gold etched and opalescent fabrics with a mitered-corner binding.  Thank you Caramel Way {polite clapping}

Next we have Irish Kicker, who is wearing a cozy of shimmering hydrangea & raspberry print fabric.  The topstitching was done with a matching lilac colored thread that was swiped from the designer's mother, also a quilter {thanks Mom!}


{Irish Kicker turns} A lovely button made of natrual shell keeps this cup of coffee wrapped in luxury.  This cozy's elegant style makes transitioning from office to evening wear a breeze for fashion conscious coffee.


Irish Kicker is standing on an approximately 7" square platform made with a wholecltoh top and strip-pieced backing that was brought around front to bind.  It was quilted in wavy lines with the pilfered thread.  Thank you Irish Kicker {polite clapping}

Thank you for attending our fashion show today :)
Want to dress up your coffee?  I used the tutorial here.
I'm linking to Fresh Sewing at Lily's Quilts.  If you came here from there, Hi! Glad to have you for a visit!  If you didn't come here from there, I'm glad to have you visiting, too! :)  Have a great day everybody!

No comments: