Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Are you Purging?

If you haven't heard yet, you need to head over to Stitched In Color.  Rachel has done a beautiful thing.  You see, realizing that we all have unloved fabrics cluttering up our sewing spaces she has started a purge-a-long to put those unloved fabrics to use, thereby giving us all permission to start new projects.  I don't know about you, but I definitely need a good enabler in my life  ;)

Here are my purge projects, in no particular order:

1.  these formerly abandoned HSTs are nearly a quilt top now {just need borders}

HSTs find newlife

2.  this is a giant star that I made with some seriously unloved fabrics that were given to me.

giant star of unloved fabrics

3.  these unloveds are going to be a donation quilt - I have a few more squares to cut before I start sewing.  but I'm not telling what I'm making just yet :)

unloved fabrics cut in squares

4. A charm pack of Amy Butler Dots has been hanging around in my stash for too long unused.  I'm not sure what this project is destined for yet, but the top is nearly done.  More details to follow :)  {yes, I'm being secretive today}

sewing with Amy Butler dots charm pack

5.  I keep the trimmings from quilt backs after quilting.  this pile has been hanging around waiting for me to separate the fabric from the batting for awhile.  because the batting strips were so skinny, I tossed them.  I have more small bits of batting than I can reasonably expect to use anytime soon.  {Those will need to be sorted out later}

before...
trimmings of batting & fabric

after...
going coastal scraps

that's it for me for now.  what about you, are you purging?


8 comments:

Cherie said...

I have joined! Check out my blog for my first completed project..

Carla said...

Yes, I try to purge regularly. I think I have all the same fabrics as in your first project ; )

Liz said...

I love that you have a quilt back made up of all lobster fabric! And nice projects, good luck with 'The Purge'!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Way to go on your purge progress. Seems like you've got a lot of efforts in the works. Love that enthusiasm!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I was thinking I hadn't seen your posts going by in bloglovin for a while...Love all these triangles. I hope you'll find time to share more of your making soon :)

Rachaeldaisy said...

Wow Look at you go!! You're really using up your fabrics with lots of fun projects. I wonder what those AB dots will become?

Clipping Path Service said...

Nice article as well as whole site.Thanks.

David Millar said...

I am glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Photo Retouching Services