Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Think Tank - What was I Thinking?

On my UFO list I have a pink & brown purse that I need to make.  Now, besides the fact that I am kind of over pink & brown {at least enough that I no longer want a purse of it} there are a couple problems with this project.

I lost the pattern.  Haven't seen it in 2 or 3 years.  I don't expect to see it again until after I finally do something else with the fabrics.

Speaking of the fabrics...

Have you ever looked at a stack of fabrics that you put together ages ago and wondered why?

None of the pinks go together, and see that print on the far left?  What I thought were brown lines are actually a deep burgandy.  The same deep burgandy as the shoes I'm wearing, actually - I should have taken a picture for you :)  {can you see me walking into a quilt shop asking for fabric to match my shoes to go with it?}

And I actually bought them all from the same place, at the same time.  What was I thinking?

I was going to amend the plan and make a small pouch from just a couple of the prints,  but I can't find two that match {except maybe the dots and the paisly, but the dots remind me of a dress I had in elementary school.  I hated that dress.}

So, what do you think?  Should I try and rescue the project by making a pouch?  And if so, with what fabric combo?  Or should I ditch it and move on?  {but what will I ever do with that fabric?}

Ok, I'm taking this dog & pony show on over to Rebecca's - why don't you come see what everyone else is Thinking about?

3 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

hahahahahaha! Honestly... I'm not sure what you were thinking!! ;) The dots might look nice together but other than that??! If you don't love the idea I vote ditch it!

trish said...

It is always so much fun to share. If you are totaly over these fabrics you could always put together a give a way. Or you could create a baby quilt and donate it to the NICU at your local hospital? :0)

Rebecca Lynne said...

Okay this really had me giggling. First of all Brown & Pink are a favorite combo of mine...ahem...but actually I too have moved away from quilting with those colors. Life is too short, time too precious, but so is fabric and you never know...sometime in the future you may have an aha moment and think I know just what to use for this project that brown and pink polka dotted piece. Hahahaha hard to imagine now but you never no. So I say let it go today, do something you are inspired to do...and leave this be for now. You never know when you may need this for something else!