Wednesday, January 23, 2013

X, X, and more Xes {quilt blocks, that is}

X blocks

18 out of 41 X blocks are done, most of the others are near complete.  This quilt is taking many more hours to sew than I thought.  I've estimated that I have sixty more hours of sewing time to finish this quilt - yikes! 

Lesson learned here, don't try to estimate how long it will take to finish a quilt.  It is daunting to say the least, and if anything has slowed down my progress.

Do you see the red & white cherry print in the center of this block?  I love that print :)  It has been in my stash a long time, it makes me so happy to be using it!  The fabric below it is garlic bulbs, and is a scrap from a long-standing WIP.  Why garlic bulbs on fabric makes me smile, I don't know, but it does!  :)

This block alone has scraps from a quilt I made for myself {the garlic}, a quilt made for my oldest son, one for a SIL, and a quilt made for my best friend's baby, as well as a couple reds that were stashed for just the right use.  I love a good scrap quilt! :)

I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced and WOW at Ester's Blog

PS - my email isn't working.  I can recieve and read your mail & comments but I can't reply :(   I'm trying to fix this, but in the meantime I appreciate your comments even if I can't answer them.

5 comments:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

It's lovely to have a quilt where so many of the patches have special memories. I'm looking forward to seeing this come together. I hope your email gets sorted soon. These technical things are so annoying when they stop working properly :)

Cindy said...

I think the colors and quilt block look wonderful. This should make a fabulous quilt.

Pippa Parsons said...

it'll make a fantastic quilt and all those special fabrics will evoke wonderful memories

Carla said...

Isn't it fun to be able to pick out all the previous projects in your block. I love scrappy quilts ; )

Paulette said...

That is going to be a fun quilt. I love looking at all the different fabrics. Garlic bulbs, huh? Interesting! Yeah, you can't think about how long it's going to take. Just enjoy the process!