Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I messed up big

rotary cutting slip

ok, so I was working on my cracker quilt.  I have eleventy-billion five inch squares that need to be cut on the diagonal so the resulting triangles can be sewn to the rectangle units I've already pieced.  

Everything was going fine, until my rotary cutter got a mind of it's own and veered off away from the ruler.

I had precisely enough blue plaid five inch squares to make my quilt.  The fabric is an OOP '30s print from Connecting Threads.  

The panic hit a split second before the little voice in my head you're always saying it's ok to substitute something from your stash.  no need to madly search out a source of a fabric match.  introducing another fabric to the quilt just adds interest.


rotary cutting mishap

so I went and had a look through my stash.  and found a half yard of the blue plaid I forgot I had.

tomorrow I will cut a five inch square of fabric from my stash.  no panicked searching for more of an OOP fabric.  and all is right in my little quilty world again  :)

2 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

I hate it when that happens....and it is always on the piece of fabric that you dont have extra to spare too !! Great save...stay calm and quilt on :)

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Congrats on reclaiming the situation so fast!