Thursday, November 1, 2012

crafting, slowly



Well, I did it :)  I turned the rest of those two charm packs into coasters yesterday.  I love when life goes acording to plan ;)  There are now 16 of these little cuties.


These are four of the grocery bag holders I made, the fifth one still has the ribbon hanger on the wrong end.  I know it doesn't look like it would make a difference, but the bottom ends have tighter elastic than the tops.  Plus, I chose the only directional print I was working with to get upside down.

Before you ask, no, I don't need to keep that many plastic bags.  Or put that many drinks on cute little bits of fabric goodness.  I signed up for two craft fairs.  On back to back days.  In two weeks.  You are looking at my complete inventory.

With the exception of the two charm packs, I'm using fabric I already have, so my out of pocket cost is minimal.  At the time I thought the worst that could happen would be I wouldn't sell anything, and everyone I know would get handmade Christmas gifts this year.  No problem, right?  Now I'm afraid I won't have anything to sell.  I just haven't been able to carve out the time to sew I had hoped for, because when push comes to shove my kids and our homeschool have to come first.  Even if it means I'm going to look like a total fool with next to nothing to sell.

Ok, I'm done whinning now :)  I was going to do some linking, but on second thought I probably shouldn't drag this pity party around blogland.  I'm off to cover some journals with fabric, once we get through geography, science, reading, math, handwriting, etc. etc.   On the plus side, I'm far too busy to be bored :)

4 comments:

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

I've been toying with the idea of doing a craft fair. But next year. I'd need an entire year to create an inventory! Good luck - I know you'll make awesome stuff!

FarahLin said...

Love the coasters and the plastc bag holder looks great! Can't wait to see the journal covers.

I'm sure you'll find the time to make beautiful creations for the fair. Best of Luck!

Sweet Woodruff said...

I like the fabric you used in the coasters and the pattern too. I have made lots of coasters, but not this pattern. Good luck with your craft fair. Hope you make a million $$$ :)

Carla said...

Very very cute!!