Friday, July 12, 2013

Baby Hungary caterpillar quilt

baby Hungary Caterpillar quilt

I finished the baby Hungary Caterpillar quilt this week!  This is a quilt that came together so quickly, then sat and sat and sat, waiting for that last little bit of stitching to finish it.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who does that ;)

baby Hungry Caterpillar Quilt, back

A shot of the back - I love this stripe print that shows all the foods the caterpillar ate in the book :)

green binding

green binding 2

finished baby quilt on ironing board

this quilt measures 24 inches square, and is destined for the Maine Medical Center PICU via Knight's Quilt Shoppe.  

You can read about this quilt's beginning here :)


http://swimbikequilt.com/2013/07/100-quilts-for-kids-charity-quilt-drive-starts-today.html

Partying at these locales: TGIFF @ Quilt Matters, Richard & Tanya QuiltsWhoop Whoop Friday, let's Make Baby Quilts!, Crazy Mom Quilts
Val's Quilting Studio

14 comments:

Barb Neiwert said...

If I ever get a quilt completed, from start to finish, in the same week, I'm totally amazed with myself! I think setting things aside must be a genetic flaw in quilters, lol! Your little quilt is awfully cute.

Sara said...

darling caterpillar quilt!

Celtic Thistle said...

Of course you are not the only one quilters are renowned for their talent at procrastination :)

It is a charming quilt that will be much cuddled I am sure.

Dar said...

Very cute. And of course you wouldn't be a quilter if you didn't procrastinate sometime. I am the world's worse.

Amira@littlemushroomcap said...

Cute little quilt! I love The Hungry Caterpillar. The colours are lovely!

Amira @ http://littlemushroomcap.blogspot.com

Lynette said...

What a cute quilt for a community sewing project!! Uh. . . and, NO - you are not the only one who does that (lets thing sit forever when there's just a bit left to do. . . )

Kate said...

Very cute! Hmm, maybe I need to find my Hungry Caterpillar...no, no, stop! No new projects!

Anyway, yes. I let things sit at the almost finished stage all too often. Usually I can bind it off after quilting it - my sore spot is quilting it.

Sarah Craig said...

Sweet, bright baby quilt, Allison! I love it! Whoop whoop for you!!

PS be sure to link up with Kate at Swim Bike Quilt for the 100 Quilts For Kids quilt drive!!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Ooh, this is going to make some little baby very happy! Great job, Allison!

audrey said...

Cute! These fabrics are so much fun, and I love pinwheels! :)

Anonymous said...

Cute quilt. I like the orange fabric a lot.

Yeah, I just finished a quilt that took several weeks to get the final stitches in! It felt a bit like running in a pool--why was this/I moving so slowly!

hydeeannsews said...

I love that book. How fun to have a quilt version of it! It will be a welcome gift to a sick child.

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I definitely do the same thing!!! I finished a 100 Quilts quilt this weekend that has just needed binding for... 6 months. Sigh. Thanks for linking up to 100 Quilts and Happy Quilting!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Love Eric Carle!!! Yours is a quick and fun finish!!