Monday, May 20, 2013

the accidental quilt

Do you remember the quilt I accidentally started?  {those innocent looking layer cakes just hanging around the sewing room are like WIP list landmines waiting to explode!}

HST sampling

It all started with a layer cake I won last year, and now have 168 HSTs.

168 HSTs

It was surprising just how many episodes of Arrested Development it took to get them all trimmed up! {season 4 starting in 6 days! whoo-hoo!}

This fabric is not my usual color/style preference {although I do find them quite lovely}, but they go great in my living room.  I'm not sure what that says about me?  :)

Linking up to Design Wall Monday! Because Monday is just so Monday, and we could all use a party to liven things up a bit, right? :)

4 comments:

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

ooohh!! Those are going to be really pretty when you stitch them up. I do love those fabrics, and you can do a lot with HST's. (they might even be worth all of that trimming, haha!)

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Thats a lot of hsts and the fabrics look lovely! I'm looking forward to seeing the quilt that emerges from these :)

Chris said...

I have many "accidental quilts" and I have now renamed most of them to "UFO" LOL!! Your blocks look great and I cannot wait to see what you do with them.

Cindy Sharp said...

Can't wait to see them laid out.