Monday, December 12, 2011

Grinch :)

What is your favorite Christmas movie?

Mine is 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas', the old animated film.  I love the songs, and I always crack up when the Grinch sews Max's tail through the old treddle sewing machine.  I just can't get through a Christmas season without watching this movie.  {My kids mostly tolerate my obsession}

I even bought myself Grinch pajama pants this year :)


So naturally when I saw the Grinch fabric, I had to sew with some!

This quilt measures approx. 42"X53".  I started cutting it Saturday morning and quilted it before going to bed {late} that night {or was it Sunday morning by then?....}

Anyway, the binding still needs to be pulled around back and stitched down, which I'll be doing by hand this week.  Then this quilt is off to my Mom {shhh, don't tell her}

Here is a shot of the back



The red is a Kona solid, but I don't know which one.  And I was glad to have enough leftover Santa Grinches to put a strip down the side :)



The quilting is nothing special {I wasn't up to anything ambitious at midnight}  but I do think my FMQ stitches are becoming more consistant.  Which is good, because I hadn't considered how well the varigated green thread would show up on the solid red - just trying to make do with what is on hand as much as posible :)

My kids and I have been having fun watching Rudolph, Frosty, Santa Comes to Town, etc by the light of the Christmas tree.  Add some hot chocolate and quilts, and I'd say thats about a perfect afternoon  :)  What are your family's favorite Christmas flicks?

I'm going to do a little linkin', want to come along?   Have a great day!  :)


Sew Happy Geek
http://rainbowharequilts.blogspot.com/2011/12/making-christmas-week-10.html

5 comments:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

You did really well to get all that done in one day! I love your quilting. The green is perfect and and your twirly shapes look great with the Grinch design. Thanks for linking up :)

Lucy | Charm About You said...

This is so fun! I think the fmq looks really good :)

Katie said...

I love it! How the Grinch Stole Christmas is one of my favorite holiday movies too.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh how fun!! Who doesn't love the ol' grinch!! I'm so glad you rejuvenated this post under our Tuesday Archive Christmas theme or I would have never seen it!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

PS: I added myself as one of your new GFC followers!! YAH!